About Me

My photo
I am a college student who loves music, art and makeup.

Monday, September 27, 2010

E.L.F. Beauty Book Review




Brand: E.L.F

Price: 5 dollars

Where to buy: Eyeslipsface and selected Target stores

I found the Beauty book in the makeup aisle at Target during their back to school sale. The packaging caught my eye first and with the sticker price being 5 dollars I couldn’t say no. The one I picked up was the Eye Brights Edition, they also have a Neutral eyes and a Smokey eye book. 

 The book comes with 12 colors, a small mirror above the shadows, black eyeliner and an applicator.  The other side of the book has instructions on how to use the eyeshadows.

What I like about it: I was very surprised at the fact that most of the colors were quite pigmented. The darker more neutral colors were a lot more pigmented than the lighter shimmery colors.  The shadows are neutral, metallic and glittery. What I enjoyed about the shadows is that you can pick up a lot of color with one swipe of a brush. My two favorite colors are the purple and cranberry colors.

What I didn’t like: There was a lot of fallout, especially with the real glittery shadows. the glittery-ness of the shadows are supposed to brighten up your eyes, hence the title “Eye Brights Edition”, Though much of the glitter was underneath my eye. You should use a light hand when using some of the shadows because it’s so pigmented, hence the fallout. I don’t care much for the eye liner, it smeared a lot. I have no use for the applicator besides using it to line my eyes. 

Overall I think it is a good buy for the price. You get 12 good shadows for 5 dollars, and it’s portable if you need to take it with you somewhere.  





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sophie, Its Tiffany =)
If you want a really pigmented eyeshadow you can purchase a pack of 15 of colored pigments from a crafts store and its only 30 bucks! so in the long run, u save ALOT! I needed pure pigments for cheap for a makeup competition my cosmetology school was competing in and it worked! -Hope I helped ;)

Lipsticklullaby00 said...

That sounds like a great deal, I'm going to try it :D Thanks for the info Tiff!